Tuesday 3 December 2013

OUGD405 - Studio Brief 1 - Backing Paper - Crit response.

I wanted to carry out this polaroid template idea onto the other frames. However when using the text in 2 polaroid frames throughout the smaller frame sizes it doesn't work as well because the text gets too big. I inverted the colour to see how effective the Polaroid colours would be on top of black. This idea wont be going any further, It only really works on the frame to fit 9 polaroids as it has more space. 



It was suggested within my feedback from the interim crit to carry out the exploded diagram on to all 3 backing paper designs. I have implemented this idea onto the three different impossible frame dimensions, that are created to present polaroid 600 + Sx70 Polaroids. I've asked others in class on their opinion of the diagram layout and the majority agree on it being the most effective. Currently this design has no use of image, however I have already taken polaroid pictures this week, which I had already planned on putting into use as soon as I thought to take on the theme of creating backing papers for a polaroid frame. I'm going to use my photoshop skills learned from the workshops to help me implement my pictures into the polaroid frames on the diagrams. As I'm designing backing papers for the Impossible Projects frames and emulating their ethos, I need to think if I'm going to be using their logo and present the backing papers as a piece of branding. At the moment I am unsure, but this will be one of my next steps. 


No comments:

Post a Comment