Monday 20 January 2014

OUGD405 - Studio Brief 4 - Logo Stickers.

I bought pint glasses from Wilkinsons during the weekend as I had aimed on including them within my branded Home Brew Beer Kit. After finalising the logo design, I went down to digital print and had them printed on clear sticker paper.


I had found this gallon sized are too and bought it. I think It looks really good. This has changed the package of content I'm branding as well, which makes the quantity of fictional beer produceable to 1 gallon. So the home brewing kit has its own targetable milestone.


I found out that using pint glasses that didn't have a curve or bulge within the shape were easier to stick the stickers onto. The ones I purchased from Wilkinsons were not suitable for sticking the logo onto. It would just crumple up and result in a lot of air bubbles being left underneath the sticker. Luckily my flatmates had occupied pint glasses from going out and about in Leeds.


Another problem I found with the stickers is the sizing. I had to go back to digital print and reduce the size of the stickers because they were previously too large and would not stick down to the glasses as it covered to much space and resulted in a lot of crumples and trapped air. Pint glasses are quite deceptive.

No comments:

Post a Comment