Wednesday 6 November 2013

Studio Brief 4 & 5 Crit.

Today we had our crit in studio 2. The class was split up into two groups.
Group 1 left there work on the tables and left, whilst group 2 wrote down feedback on post it notes.

Here are the designs I created before the crit. I hadn't created solely image posters, therefore they were not presented as sets. I interpreted these posters from areas of information I gathered whilst researching into shark finning. I had chosen the colours Black and Red to be displayed on white because of how well they stand out. I wanted them to create an impact on the audience. My choice of colours has also been influenced from a set of images created by illustrator Noma Bar. Within the type and image posters I have experimented with the use of shark silhouettes to further communicate statistical data and how dangerous eating shark is.






This is the feedback I got from the crit. I have organised the helpful feedback into a pile, so I can take into account of what needs changing for the final posters. 


I had printed on different types of stock.

Within the feedback I received, the majority of people said that they liked the type poster which displayed, '11,417 Sharks Are Killed Every Hour', the most mainly because they said it had the biggest Impact, as it had the least amount of text. People also said that my 'Where are the sharks now?' poster was the strongest, because of it's minimal design and emotive message. They said it is the most effective. On many of the post it notes I received, they said that they colour scheme being used is effective and communicates the message across well. It was suggested within the feedback to limit the use of type as some of the posters appeared 'too busy', which reduced their impact. Some people said that they were switched off from the amount of text on the mock up designs. 

I have benefited a lot from todays crit as I have been fortunate enough to get a good amount insight on other peoples opinions based off my designs. The format used in the crit has enabled everyone in the class to gather a lot more constructive criticism from people in the class. I have taken into account all of the feedback from todays crit and I will respond to it when making changes to the final poster designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment