Wednesday 22 January 2014

OUGD405 - Studio Brief 4 - Home Brewing Kit + Finals

I decided not to go through with creating a booklet for the brewing kit, mainly because of the amount of time I had left with the brief, but also I couldn't find a straight forward source of information that explained how to create a pale ale beer clearly. Even If I did find a source for a pale ale brewing mix, It still wouldn't be the same as the 'Three Tuns Brewery' Pale ale. Even know I haven't physically created one, I still have the booklet as a concept that comes as a piece of the home brewing kit. Therefore it still is solving the problem of people not knowing how to brew their own beer.

Gallon fermentation jug with stickers.

Pint glasses with stickers.

I had to make a list of the necessary items needed for a beer kit, so they could be used for my final branded mock up.

I'm happy with how the sachets of ingredients turned out, using the layer effects within photoshop is effective and makes the design sink into the texture of the packets.


This is the cardboard packaging for the brewing kit. The hardest part was trying to find a decent image of a cardboard box to manipulate. I would of preferred an image of a closed cardboard box, however I could not find a good enough one. I had used the perspective tool in photoshop for the text to align on top of the box in the right angle, I then used the layer effect, 'overlay' for the information and images to sink into the texture of the cardboard.
I implemented all the accessories needed for a functioning beer kit alongside the physical products I branded with the logo I made.


I feel that this final representation of the home brewing kit for the 'Three Tuns Brewery' works clearly and effectively. People will be able to understand what this products purpose is and will be attracted to it more than others because of the simple aesthetic it maintains. I'm incredibly happy to of experimented and tried screen printing within this brief as it is something I have wanted to get to grips with for some time.  I had come across problems along the way within the process of this brief, which involved not being able to send for digitally printed beer mats, which worked out the best way possible by being able to screen print them myself. The trial and error with the stickers for the pint glasses was also an issue. Other than that there was the booklet, which was very hard to find a simple set of instructions on the internet for it, that could help let the audience learn how to set up and brew their own Three Tuns beer. 

I feel that I have responded effectively and have successfully created a solution to the problem at hand of which was originally to inform and instruct the audience how to create their own batch of Three Tuns beer. However, as the booklet was not produced I still managed to answer the solution by informing the audience about the Three Tuns Brewery beer kit within an appropriate medium and format. 

No comments:

Post a Comment